How to Choose the Best Medical Carrier for your Group
The Cason Group strives to provide groups with the best medical coverage to fit their budgets. This often means switching them to a new carrier. When changing carriers, it’s important to make sure group members find physicians and hospitals that participate in that new carrier’s network. Carriers have detailed websites that sometimes leave us unsure if we are completing the search properly to give our groups accurate answers about potential providers.
Below is a list of our medical carriers with links to their websites and directions to follow when searching for providers.
- Click on Networks Available by State (bottom right).
- Select the state where the group is located by clicking on that state on the map.
- Click on the network used for your group to be directed to the proper network provider’s page. In South Carolina, Aetna is most commonly used. Medcost is used along the coastal region in SC and in the entire state of North Carolina. For a select group of SC counties (Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Union and Greenwood) we use the Supermed Network.
Wellpath of SC
- Click Find a Doctor.
- After that page loads, scroll midway down the page and click Enter Provider Search.
- Choose Wellpath HMO or POS for SC Wellpath network search. For out-of-Wellpath network area or out-of-state doctor search, change to Coventry National network.
United Health Care
- At the top right, click Find a Physician, Laboratory or Facility
- Click UnitedHealthCare Choice Plus to select the plan.
- From this page, select the kind of provider you are searching and proceed from there.
Blue Cross & Blue Choice of SC
- Make sure the “SC and Surrounding Counties search” button is selected.
- Select the category of your search in the drop down menu.
- Choose Open Access in the network dropdown menu and fill in the miles and zip blanks for the proximity of your search.
- Choose any additional options in the space below and click the “search” button at the bottom.
If you need any help navigating any of the sites above please don’t hesitate to call The Cason Group at (803) 252-3033.
Connect with The Cason Group on LinkedIn.